Leak Repair Overview
Roof leaks can be incredibly destructive to your home, and if left unchecked, they can damage your walls, ceilings, and even the roof deck itself. The Pacific Northwest receives a substantial amount of rain each year, and the last thing you want to see as a homeowner is water leaking through your ceiling.
It can be difficult to spot a leak before it’s actively dripping water into your home, so it’s important to repair an active or potential leak before it starts to damage your walls and ceilings. There can be many different causes of roof leaks, including:
- Damaged, missing, or improperly installed flashing
- Loose or missing shingles
- Damage or wear-and-tear to the roof deck
- Ice dam buildup in the winter
- Debris buildup in gutters
Sometimes, you can see signs of water intrusion in a ceiling or wall directly underneath an active leak; however, some leaks can divert water into an unexpected area or be hidden from view—such as inside a wall—and require more investigation. When we look for roof leaks, we check for:
- Obvious areas of damage from weather or animals
- Damage to shingles in sensitive areas such as valleys and ridge caps
- Damage or wear on pipe boot flashing
- Missing or unsecured roofing nails
- Ineffective or damaged chimney flashing
- Improper installation of other roofing features such as skylights
If your roof has an active leak that needs repair, you need a roofing company you can trust to identify the problem and take care of it quickly. At Do It Right Roofing, we have all the tools and knowledge to repair any roof leak fast and provide you peace of mind.
LET’S GET STARTED
Is your home or business in need of a new roof? We specialize in installing Malarkey and GAF lifetime warranty roofs, Duro Last PVC, and standing seam metal roofs. Contact us today to schedule a free roof inspection and get a quote!
Learn about our preferred manufacturers and warranties!